Neos, the UK’s first smart home insurance provider, has announced today a key milestone in the company’s history. After launching the Neos SmartCam in January 2019 to UK consumers, over 75,000 indoor security SmartCams have been sold across Britain, with 20,000 sold in the last week alone. Neos aims to double this number by the end of 2019.
The Neos SmartCam, which has won numerous awards and accolades since launching, including the T3 Platinum Award, Best Gadget under £100, an average user rating of 4.3 / 5 on Amazon and one of Absolute Gadget’s Best Smart Cameras 2019, has been a firm favourite with consumers looking to help protect their homes, selling over 20,000 during the last week alone.
The Neos flagship SmartCam, is packed with features found in more expensive indoor cameras, for an incredibly low price of just £19.99 (£24.99 on Amazon), Neos is helping to transform the smart home technology market by offering customers a high-quality camera at a price point that is accessible for all. Including live streaming in razor-sharp 1080p full HD, night vision, 8x digital zoom, motion and sound detection with in-app alerts, plus 2-way audio and UK-based 24/7 customer support, Neos SmartCam brings peace of mind to thousands of UK households.
This milestone for Neos marks a significant leap in the smart home market, by making preventative devices and home protection accessible to everyone, through great value tech and all-in-one insurance packages at its core.
Matt Poll, CEO and founder of Neos, “We’ve been overwhelmed by the positive response to the Neos SmartCam. We knew we were giving consumers a great quality product at a phenomenal price, but to sell over 75,000 in the first half of the year has been truly wonderful. We’re continuing to expand and develop our product range, so watch this space as we introduce new features and benefits over the coming months. It’s Neos’ vision to transform the home insurance market through smart technology that gives customers the confidence that they’ve taken measures to protect their home from the unexpected.”
Multiple smart home devices can be connected to the home Wi-Fi, and controlled from the Neos app. Short video clips are saved for 14 days in the cloud and there is an SD card port which enables continuous recording.
Neos SmartCam Key Features:
- 1080p Full HD: Captures sharp images to see every detail
- Night vision: Enhanced night vision to see in the dark
- Motion detection: Senses movement and sends alerts straight to the smartphone
- Live stream: See through the camera lens in real time, anytime via the app
- Auto-arming: Automatically switches on and off as you arrive or leave the home
- Noise detection: Built-in motion sensor, with push notifications and sound sensitivity controls in the app
- 2-way audio: Hear what is happening in real time and respond accordingly
- 8x digital zoom: Pinch and zoom to see more in live view and playback
- Cloud recording: Automatically records motion, storing 12 seconds of video on the cloud
- Flexible design: Simple installation and setup, with a 3-axis movement to point the camera in the best position
- SD card enabled: SD card compatible to continuously record video even without Wi-Fi
- Download clips: Save video clips on the phone and share with family and friends
- Powered by mains electricity: The camera is supplied with a 1.8m USB power cable & a 3-pin plug. If required, a mounting kit with a 1.5m extension cable can be purchased from Neos' online shop.
"Weve been overwhelmed by the positive response to the Neos SmartCam... to sell over 75,000 in the first half of the year has been truly wonderful."
Matt Poll, CEO and founder of Neos
DISCLAIMER: The statements, opinions, views and advice expressed in this article are those of the author/organisation and not of ENTIRELY. This article should represent information correct at the time of publication however whilst every care has been taken to present up-to-date and accurate information, we cannot guarantee that inaccuracies will not occur. ENTIRELY will not be held responsible for any claim, loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of any information within this article or any information accessed through this site. The content of any organisations websites which you link to from ENTIRELY are entirely out of the control of ENTIRELY, and you proceed at your own risk. These links are provided purely for your convenience and do not imply any endorsement of or association with any products, services, content, information or materials offered by or accessible to you at the organisations site.